|No Funerals and a Wedding|
|Season 1, Episode 4|
|Air date||October 7, 1996|
|Written by||Molly Newman|
|Directed by||Mark Jean|
In the Blink of an Eye
The Color of God
"No Funerals and a Wedding" was the fourth episode of the 1st season of 7th Heaven.
Following her mother's funeral, Annie's sunny demeanor turns to sadness, particularly after her father abruptly leaves to go back home in Arizona. Eric tries to counsel a young couple whose marital problems escalate during the post-funeral reception at the Camden home. Matt helps with the delivery of Renee's baby and after Mary breaks up with Jeff she discovers she was better off with Jeff. Lastly, Simon tries to find the exact location of heaven.
- This episode marks the first appearance of recurring stars, Dorian Harewood (Morgan Hamilton), and Olivia Brown (Patricia Hamilton).
- The title is a reference to the movie Four funerals and a wedding.
- The eighth season episode title "Two Weddings, an Engagement and a Funeral" parallels this episode title.
- Annie and Charles sing the famous song Camp Granada to Ruthie while falling asleep.
Featured in the opening credits are:
- Stephen Collins as Eric Camden
- Catherine Hicks as Annie Camden
- Barry Watson as Matt Camden
- David Gallagher as Simon Camden
- Jessica Biel as Mary Camden
- Beverley Mitchell as Lucy Camden
- Mackenzie Rosman as Ruthie Camden