|In the Blink of an Eye|
|Season 1, Episode 3|
|Air date||September 30th, 1996|
|Written by||Catherine LePard|
|Directed by||Duwayne Dunham|
No Funerals and a Wedding
"In The Blink of an Eye" is the third episode of the family-drama series 7th Heaven and the third episode of the first season.
The Camdens face traumatic times when Annie's mother, recently diagnosed with acute leukemia, moves into the house to spend more time with the family. Matt and Mary have dating problems, while Lucy has her first "real date" with secret crush Jimmy Moon.
- This episode ends the 3-episode arc of Annie's parents and her mother's fight from leukemia which was first found out in the pilot episode. However, Graham Jarvis (playing Charles Jackson) recurs every season while he was alive (through season 8). Alice Hirson (Jenny Jackson) appeared in a dream and in a video tape later on in the 3rd, 5th, 7th, and 10th seasons. She also appears in season 11 when Eric is in "heaven."
- Annie: Hey Simon, no fighting while I'm gone.
- Simon: Okay, I'll wait until you get home.
- Matt: I'm a total idiot.
- Jenny: Hey, that's my grandson you're talking about! And he's not an idiot. He's just a 16-year-old kid trying to make his way in the world.
- Annie: Is this what happens when I leave? Everybody fights?
- Kids: Yes!
- Annie: When did you start drinking wine?
- Charles and Jenny: Yesterday.
- Lucy: (preparing for her first date with Jimmy Moon) This is the most important night of my life!
- Mary: The point is to avoid looking like a total geek who does everything her parents tell her to do.
- Matt: I'm sorry, Dad. I'm a total screw-up.
- Eric: (before lovingly embracing Matt) Not total.
- Jenny: (to Annie in a dream) I love you, but I have to go.
- Charles [about Jenny]: She's passed on, Annie. She's gone.