|Season 1, Episode 6|
|Air date||October 28, 1996|
|Written by||Molly Newman|
|Directed by||Nick Havinga|
The Color of God
Summary[edit | edit source]
With Halloween coming up along with the Church's annual Halloween carnival, the family learns why Eric despises it so much. Lucy learns the truth about a reclusive man named "Mutant Mike" who has been accused of murder. Meanwhile, Mary has other plans to spend her Halloween night.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Catherine Hicks has been quoted in interviews that this was her favorite episode.
- Near the beginning of the episode, when Matt, Mary and Simon are in the bathroom, after Matt says he's been using Mary's deodorant, he puts some on. If you look closely, when he puts some on his right armpit, he doesn't actually put it on. The same goes for Simon, who appears to be putting the deodorant on, but you can tell that it's not even making contact with his armpit.
- At the beginning of the episode, Annie says she ran into a woman who just moved there that said she went to Bingingham school. Eric's father was in the military so he most likely didn't grow up just in New York. He more then likely lived a lot of places so maybe he lived in Glen Oak at one point or somewhere close to there.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Lucy: (to her family) Daddy hates Halloween.
- Ruthie: Daddy, are you bigger than the Bad Man?
- Eric: Ruthie, I'm bigger, I'm stronger.....and I work for God.
- Ruthie: Yeah!
- Annie: (to Ruthie) Those are very nice Jack O' Lanterns, sweetie. That one's very scary.
- Ruthie: That one's Daddy.
- Annie: It's scary in a good way!
- Annie: (to Mary about Ruthie who is asleep) Poor thing! She must be exhausted from torturing me.
- Eric: I love Halloween.
- Eric: Isn't Halloween over yet?