|And Away We Go|
|Season 11, Episode 22|
|Air date||May 13, 2007|
|Written by||Brenda Hampton|
|Directed by||Harry Harris|
Good News For Almost Everyone
End of show
"And Away We Go" was the twenty-second and final episode of the 7th Heaven series, bringing its 11th season to a close. It was also the second series finale that the show had aired, the previous one being the 2006 episode And Thank You. On its original airing, the episode scored a 3.32 million viewers.
Eric and Annie decide to pack it all up and see America by way of an RV, given to them in celebration of Eric's clean bill of health. Initially taken back by this momentous and sudden decision, Lucy and Kevin ultimately decide to join Eric, Annie and the rest of the family - and extended family - on their exciting new adventure. Meanwhile, Ruthie announces that she has unexpectedly received enough credits to graduate high school, thanks to the courses she took last summer and last fall in Scotland; she also turns down Martin's offers of a relationship for the final time; it is announced that Simon is graduating college and the family will make that one of their first stops in the RV; according to Ruthie, Simon also seems to be serious with a new woman and possibly thinking about marriage; Margaret was accepted into college; Jane stated that she got a call from her mother, who recently entered Narcotics Anonymous; Mac admits that he is in love with Margaret and T-Bone and Ruthie have decided to stay together and possibly travel together next year.
- This was the second series finale the series had aired, the first being the final episode of season 10, And Thank You, which aired just three days before the CW unexpectedly renewed the show for an 11th season.
- Only season without Simon (David Gallagher) or Matt (Barry Watson) in any episode and the 2nd season without Mary (Jessica Biel) in any episode.
- Keith David reprises his role as Stanley Sunday.
- Similar to last season finale's closing credits, the opening credits are changed just for this final episode. Pictures of Eric, Annie, Lucy and Ruthie are shown from seasons 1, 6, and 11. Sam and David get pictures from seasons 6, 9, and 11. Pictures of Kevin are shown from seasons 7, 10, and 11; Martin from seasons 9 and 11; and Sandy from seasons 10 and 11.
- It is mentioned by Eric that Simon is graduating college
- The main rule for everybody going on the road with Eric and Annie are: one suitcase and three important items (Cellphone and charger being one item)
- Stephen Collins, Catherine Hicks, Beverley Mitchell, Mackenzie Rosman, and Happy are the only actors to appear in both the pilot and the series finale.
- Stephen Collins has the final lines of the series.
Featured in the opening credits are:
Stephen Collins (clips from seasons 1, 5, 11)
Catherine Hicks (clips from seasons 1, 5, 11)
Beverley Mitchell (clips from seasons 1, 3, 11)
Mackenzie Rosman (clips from seasons 1, 7, 11)
Nikolas/Lorenzo Brino (clips from seasons 5, 7, 11)
George Stults (clips from seasons 7, 8, 11)
Tyler Hoechlin (clips from seasons 8, 10, 11)
Haylie Duff (3 new clips from season 11)
- Eric, upon finding an old atlas in the cabinet: 1996, that is a little dusty. --> 7th Heaven premiered in 1996.
- I'll Fly Away
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|