|...And Thank You (Part 2)|
|Season 10, Episode 22|
|Air date||May 8, 2006|
|Written by||Brenda Hampton|
|Directed by||Michael Preech|
Goodbye... (Part 1)
Turn, Turn, Turn
"...And Thank You (Part 2)" is the twenty-second (and final) episode of the 10th season of 7th Heaven. It was the final episode of the series to air on the WB network; and - for months - was intended to be the show's series finale, before being renewed last-minute just days later.
On Simon's wedding day, he and Rose have made up after their fight at the rehearsal dinner. Meanwhile, Matt and Sarah show up unexpectedly to attend the wedding and make a surprising announcement, as do Kevin and Lucy. Elsewhere, the long-absent Mary appears in Eric and Annie's shared daydream and makes a call to the family to share her own good news. Finally, the wedding day ends happily, though not in a way anyone could have predicted.
- This episode was originally intended to be the show's series finale before being renewed by the CW network just four days after airing.
- In this episode, Barry Watson and Jessica Biel appear as Matt and Mary for final time on the series.
- This episode scored 7.56 million viewers on its original airing, making this the WB's most watched hour since the January 24, 2005 episode where Lucy gave birth to Savannah.
- Jessica Biel's availability to appear in the finale was so last-minute that the already-finished script had to be tweaked. Additionally, her two scenes - with costars Stephen Collins (Eric), David Gallagher (Simon) and Sarah Thompson (Rose) - were shot after filming for the season had already wrapped up.
- A rerun of this episode was the first prime time episode to ever air on The CW Television Network on September 18, 2006.
- This is the final episode of the series to feature series star David Gallagher (Simon Camden).
- The "fat lady" - played by Catherine Anne Hayes - who sang Embraceable You at the end of the episode was intended to parallel the famous quote It's not over until the fat lady sings.
- For the first time since the Season 7 finale, all 7 Camden kids appear in the opening credits (and thus in the same episode) and the last time too.
- Final season in which Catherine Hicks (Annie) and Mackenzie Rosman (Ruthie), appear in every episode.
- The song Anything You Want was also featured in the show's pilot episode and was also its title.
- Final episode to feature recurring guest stars Sarah Danielle Madison (Sarah Glass-Camden), Carlos Ponce (Carlos Rivera) and Andrea Ferrell (Heather Cain).
Featured in the opening credits are:
- Anything You Want by Roy Orbison
- Embraceable You sung by guest star Catherine Ann Hayes
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|