|...And Thank You (Part 2)|
|Season 10, Episode 22|
|Air date||May 8, 2006|
|Written by||Brenda Hampton|
|Directed by||Michael Preech|
Goodbye... (Part 1)
Turn, Turn, Turn
"...And Thank You (Part 2)" is the twenty-second (and final) episode of the 10th season of 7th Heaven. It was the final episode of the series to air on the WB network; and - for months - was intended to be the show's series finale, before being renewed last-minute just days later.
Plot[edit | edit source]
On Simon's wedding day, he and Rose have made up after their fight at the rehearsal dinner. Meanwhile, Matt and Sarah show up unexpectedly to attend the wedding and make a surprising announcement, as do Kevin and Lucy. Elsewhere, the long-absent Mary appears in Eric and Annie's shared daydream and makes a call to the family to share her own good news. Finally, the wedding day ends happily, though not in a way anyone could have predicted.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This episode was originally intended to be the show's series finale before being renewed by the CW network just four days after airing.
- In this episode, Barry Watson and Jessica Biel appear as Matt and Mary for final time on the series.
- This episode scored 7.56 million viewers on its original airing, making this the WB's most watched hour since the January 24, 2005 episode where Lucy gave birth to Savannah.
- Jessica Biel's availability to appear in the finale was so last-minute that the already-finished script had to be tweaked. Additionally, her two scenes - with costars Stephen Collins (Eric), David Gallagher (Simon) and Sarah Thompson (Rose) - were shot after filming for the season had already wrapped up.
- A rerun of this episode was the first prime time episode to ever air on The CW Television Network on September 18, 2006.
- This is the final episode of the series to feature series star David Gallagher (Simon Camden).
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The "fat lady" - played by Catherine Anne Hayes - who sang Embraceable You at the end of the episode was intended to parallel the famous quote It's not over until the fat lady sings.
- For the first time since the Season 7 finale, all 7 Camden kids appear in the opening credits (and thus in the same episode) and the last time too.
- Final season in which Catherine Hicks (Annie) and Mackenzie Rosman (Ruthie), appear in every episode.
- The song Anything You Want was also featured in the show's pilot episode and was also its title.
- Final episode to feature recurring guest stars Sarah Danielle Madison (Sarah Glass-Camden), Carlos Ponce (Carlos Rivera) and Andrea Ferrell (Heather Cain).
Opening Credits[edit | edit source]
Featured in the opening credits are:
Music[edit | edit source]
- Anything You Want by Roy Orbison
- Embraceable You sung by guest star Catherine Ann Hayes
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|